Why Dark Brown Sugar?
To send those dead skin cells packing all you need to do is to bring in the big brown sugar guns once or twice a week. Gently exfoliating with a sugar scrub breaks down the glue that is holding your dead skin cells together and gives them their marching orders.
Even with its fall from grace in the food world and being blamed for all things unhealthy, as a skin exfoliator it’s truly remarkable.
- It’s a natural humectant which draws moisture into your skin.
- It has a natural glycolic acid content which is an alpha hydroxy acid – the great dead skin cell slayer.
- Dark brown sugar contains molasses. It not only smells delicious it has awesome levels of skin loving manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron and vitamin B6.
- It’s gentler than a salt for exfoliating. Because each sugar crystal has rounded edges it can be used on all skin types. It also dissolves easily in water so if you find the sugar a bit much just add a little water to soften the scrubbing effect.
Meet the Spoonful of Sugar Exfoliating Scrub
Naturally we couldn’t let that awesome dark brown sugar be a solo superstar so we added some friends into the mix.
- MSM adds some beauty sulphur the already long list of skin loving minerals.
- Bamboo is a super-fine, eco-friendly gentle exfoliation aid. It works hand in hand with the sugar to slough away those pesky dead skin cells.
- Cucumber Oil cools, soothes and calms. It is high in phytosterols and tocopherols. So while the sugar is kicking the dead skins out, cucumber oil is giving a helping hand by nourishing the new cells.
Spoonful Of Sugar Exfoliating Scrub 100g
Sucrose (Sugar), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil*, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Stem Powder, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Polyglyceryl-3 Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil - Bergaptene
Mix a small amount in your hands with a few drops of water to partially dissolve. Massage into your face & neck (or hands & feet). For a stronger scrub use less water, and for a softer scrub use more water. Wash off with warm water and a soft cloth or Konjac sponge. Pat dry with a towel. Use 1-2 times per week. Follow with your favourite Happy Skincare toner & moisturiser. Store below 30 degrees C away from direct sunlight. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Use clean, dry fingers & keep out of shower to prevent moisture from dissolving your precious sugar scrub!